If you are expecting a newborn, you might have started shopping for baby items like crib, clothes, toys etc. It is normal for new parents to be happy and excited for the coming of the new addition to the family. As what grandparents always say, ‘parenthood is the most fulfilling job in the entire world. Hence, as parents, you need to posses a brave heart, prepared mind and unconditional love to effectively do your duty as parents. That is why you always want to make sure that what you are buying for your little angel is always the best.
While being a parent is full of joy and excitement, it is fair to say that it is also one of the most challenging and daunting jobs in the world. Parenthood is not as easy as other people think it is. There are several factors that you need to consider and there are several things that you need to experience from the very first moment a baby has given life into your womb until he or she grows. Hence, it is recommended to be prepared financially, physically and emotionally before raising a family.
From regular doctor check ups, to shopping for your baby’s items to the actually enduring the pain during the labor, there are a lot of situations and cases that every parent needs to experience for the welfare and safety of their baby. One of these is the proper and proper choosing of your baby’s items that will help him grow better. In buying items for your baby, one of the most common things that might come into every parent’s mind is a baby walker. However, in buying such, you need to be careful and wise to prevent any issues or troubles with your baby’s safety.
Traditionally, baby walkers have been believed as an effective tool in improving the motor skills of your baby associated with walking. However, as time passes by where new studies have been conducted, it shows that there are some claims that baby walkers’ benefits are totally untrue. According to studies, baby walkers are dangerous because they usually impact damage and injuries in different parts of a baby’s body. On the contrary, there are studies that refute these findings. According to such studies, just with proper creation and design of baby walkers, it can be totally safe for babies. So if you are planning to buy baby walker, you are in the right place. This article will provide you some of the best tips that you mustknow when choosing or buying the best baby walker for your little angel.
Baby Walker and its Purpose
Before anything else, let us first understand the main purpose of a baby walker. Basically and technically speaking, a baby walker is designed and used to place the baby on the walker so that the parents can still perform other household tasks. Moreover, a baby walker is also considered as a good platform of fun and playtime for your baby. Most importantly, baby walker is used to increase baby’s mobility.
Before using a baby walker, the bay must have first the capacity of using and holding it. Thus, it is the most important requirement that you must evaluate first before putting your baby in a walker. Usually, if your baby has the ability to hold his head up as well as the floor can be touched by the feet, then it is now the allowable and accepted time that your baby can use a walker. Consequently, your baby will eventually figure out how to push him or herself using his or her feet to move a walker.
Ways to Keep the Safety Uses of Your Baby Walker
- Initially, when you buy a walker for your baby, it usually comes with an instruction and safety steps. Thus, as a responsible parent, it is your duty to check these steps and understand the safety precautions as stated.
- It is not safe to hold the babysitting in the walker going back and forth the stairways and from room to room. You might end up losing your position anytime with the heavier weight.
- Always bear in mind that a baby walker will provide you with ultimate safety. It is still your responsibility to look after your baby for his or her safety.
- You must not place your baby when he or she can already walk alone. It will just allow him to go to dangerous or restricted area.
- Don’t place your baby in a walker when he or she is near dangerous areas like stairs.
- Consider all safety precautions to avoid falling.
- Don’t ultimately rely on safety gates.
- Always stay alert when your baby is on a walker.
- Always check your baby’s walker. You have to make sure that it is free from any damage, defects or loose materials to avoid danger and to ensure safety.
- Always check for best baby walker reviews before buying.
Things to Take into Consideration
- It is advisable to use your baby walker when there are flat surfaces only. Any objects in the surface might top over the walker.
- Always keep view on your baby when it is in a walker.
- When your baby is on a walker, always keep it sitting away from any radiators, ranges, fireplaces, space heaters or even hot liquids.
- Locking mechanisms must always be checked. It might tip over your baby while on baby walker.
- Always check if walker’s metal parts are free from any sharp edges and smooth.
- Avoid access to hazardous areas.
- Always take check the parts of the walker.
Factors to Consider when Buying
When you to a mall, surely, you will see different brands and models of baby walker. Hence, in buying, it is advisable not to compromise the quality over the price. You have to understand that when buying baby walker, you are buying an item that will be used by your baby to improve its motor skills or walking. As such, always choose the trusted brand and mode.
It is true that there are a lot of arguments about baby walkers. According to other experts, it is more advisable to choose or use an alternative first rather than baby walker. But some people believe that with just the right creation and design of a baby walker and knowing that you are buying from a legitimate and trusted brand, you can ensure the safety and protection of your baby. But you must put on mind that your baby’s safety should always be the number one priority that you must consider above all.
Over all, we can fairly tell that baby walker is like a coin with two sides – the positive and negative. When it comes to the negative sides, it may be true that there are some risks associated with using baby walker that if not prevented earlier, might cause injury to your baby. On a positive note, it is also undeniable that baby walkers have a lot of benefits both for the baby and the mother or parent. But regardless of these benefits and disadvantages, it is still your call, as a parent, whether or not to choose baby walkers as a platform to increase the mobility of your baby.